The Leadership Institute Class
Triad Baptist makes the classes offered through The Leadership Institute (E4-12) available to people that are members of other Christian churches. One does not have to be a member of Triad Baptist. To enjoy this benefit, one simply needs to be a member in good standing with his or her local church.
We are excited to offer our Winter/Spring class of The Leadership Institute. This course can be taken for personal development or for master's credit: participants may decide the depth that they want to participate in the course.
(After registering for the course, please contact Adam Wingate to ensure your registration was processed.)
Class: Survey of Theology Overview (THE506 e4-12).
In Survey of Theology, professors such as Larry Tyler, Alan Cox, Rob Decker, Jerry Hullinger, and the late Hoyle Bowman, along with several others, commit to communicating biblical and practical theology. This course contains an overview of the key doctrines of Systematic Theology and its application to the Christian faith. The study of these basic doctrines has always been a core component to any degree at Piedmont International University and will help the student to understand theology and put it into practice for life-long ministry. While this course is research intensive, it will help the student to engage a theological topic and produce a well-argued position on that topic. In this course, the presenters will address topics such as:
- Bibliology: The Doctrine of the Bible
- Theology Proper: The Doctrine of God
- Anthropology: The Doctrine of Man
- Hamartiology: The Doctrine of Sin
- Soteriology: The Doctrine of Salvation
- Ecclesiology: The Doctrine of the Church
- Eschatology: The Doctrine of Last Things
The course presenters are chosen experts in their respective fields of theology and give the student substantial resources to demonstrate a rationale for their systematic beliefs. While the areas covered in this course represent an overview of Systematic Theology, there are several additional resources included in the course workbook and course texts that will aid the student in continuing to develop their personal application of that theology well beyond this course.
• Master's degree students may bring his/her spouse to class for enrichment credit at no additional charge.
• Enrichment students that have paid the $39 course fee may bring his/her spouse to class for enrichment credit for free.
• Spouses of attending students have the option of purchasing course materials if desired.
- Register and order your workbook
- Attend class
- Learn for your own personal knowledge or enrichment
- Increase your faith
- Receive a certificate at the end of each course
- Receive an official certificate of completion after attending all ten courses
We are accepting new students and serving current E4-12 students.
Personal development: $39 per class
Master's level credit through Triad Baptist/Piedmont Partnership: $297 per class
Master's level credit directly through Piedmont: $975 per class
How It Works
The Leadership Institute is the groundbreaking new partnership that links the church and university together with an innovative system of delivering graduate level education directly in and through your local church. Piedmont International University can offer the very best of graduate level education with tuition at only $99 per credit hour
The Master of Arts in Ministry degree, a 30 credit hour program is made up of ten courses that each feature twelve, professionally filmed, 45-minute video classes. Each class will be streamed and played into a classroom at your church. Students who are seeking the master's degree
- Must hold a recognized bachelor's degree
- Apply to Piedmont for online classes
- Gather each week at a time decided by the church to watch the video classes
- Log on to Piedmont's Blackboard server for discussions, class assignments, and exams
- Complete the 30 hour required courses
- Receive a master's degree
By following the normal sequence, a student can earn an accredited Master of Arts in Ministry degree in as little as three and a half years for less than $3,000 of total tuition. Upon successful completion of the program, students can come to campus at Piedmont in Winston Salem and march at commencement to receive their diplomas.
What about those who don't have a bachelor's degree? An enrichment option is available for only $39 per course for those not seeking a master's degree and is perfect for Sunday school teachers, small group leaders and church leaders.