The Leadership Institute Class
Triad Baptist makes the classes offered through The Leadership Institute (E4-12) available to people that are members of other Christian churches. One does not have to be a member of Triad Baptist. To enjoy this benefit, one simply needs to be a member in good standing with his or her local church.
We are excited to offer our Fall class of The Leadership Institute. This course can be taken for personal development or for master's credit: participants may decide the depth that they want to participate in the course.
(After registering for the course, please contact Adam Wingate to ensure your registration was processed.)
In Evangelism, noted evangelism professor Dr. Larry Moyer, as well as other presenters, purpose to equip believers to carry out the Great Commission. This course provides a practical and methodological study of accomplishing that biblical mandate while addressing it contextually and biblically. According to a 2013 Barna report, one-in-four believers do not believe they have an obligation to share their faith with others, and only one-in-two believers had actually shared with someone in the past year. While this number may not sound alarming at first, consider the number of people in the world and the percentage of those people who actually have a relationship with Jesus Christ versus the number of people living around the world that have no knowledge of Him. The task is enormous and will require motivation and training to work toward its accomplishment. In this course, the presenters will address topics such as:
- What Do We Tell the Non-Christian?
- Multiple Methods to Present the Gospel
- Learning to Listen in Evangelism
- Reaching the Next Generation
Along with Larry Moyer, Alvin Reid, David Wheeler, and Matt Smith provide the student with both a mind and heart for reaching others with the good news of Jesus Christ. In order for the Church to carry out the mandate of the Great Commission, it will require intentional evangelistic efforts fueled by the grace experienced in the life of a Jesus-follower. Evangelism will help the student on their way to carrying out that biblical mandate. Registration Ends August 25, 2019.
• Master's degree students may bring his/her spouse to class for enrichment credit at no additional charge.
• Enrichment students that have paid the $39 course fee may bring his/her spouse to class for enrichment credit for free.
• Spouses of attending students have the option of purchasing course materials if desired.
- Register and order your workbook
- Attend class
- Learn for your own personal knowledge or enrichment
- Increase your faith
- Receive a certificate at the end of each course
- Receive an official certificate of completion after attending all ten courses
We are accepting new students and serving current E4-12 students.
Personal development: $39 per class
Master's level credit through Triad Baptist/Piedmont Partnership: $297 per class
Master's level credit directly through Piedmont: $975 per class
How It Works
The Leadership Institute is the groundbreaking new partnership that links the church and university together with an innovative system of delivering graduate-level education directly in and through your local church. Piedmont International University can offer the very best of graduate-level education with tuition at only $99 per credit hour
The Master of Arts in Ministry degree, a 30 credit hour program is made up of ten courses that each feature twelve, professionally filmed, 45-minute video classes. Each class will be streamed and played into a classroom at your church. Students who are seeking a master's degree
- Must hold a recognized bachelor's degree
- Apply to Piedmont for online classes
- Gather each week at a time decided by the church to watch the video classes
- Log on to Piedmont's Blackboard server for discussions, class assignments, and exams
- Complete the 30 hour required courses
- Receive a master's degree
By following the normal sequence, a student can earn an accredited Master of Arts in Ministry degree in as little as three and a half years for less than $3,000 of total tuition. Upon successful completion of the program, students can come to campus at Piedmont in Winston Salem and march at commencement to receive their diplomas.
What about those who don't have a bachelor's degree? An enrichment option is available for only $39 per course for those not seeking a master's degree and is perfect for Sunday school teachers, small group leaders, and church leaders.