This spring, our Sunday Night Adult Classes will feature five areas of study. Our classes will be nine weeks in length and they will continue through June 2nd, 2019. Our core classes will be offered over the span of continuous quarters. Electives will be formed on the basis of creativity, interest, and speaker availability. Our core classes consist of personal growth in discipleship in order to prepare one for leadership positions at Triad Baptist, and to develop the member into a mature Christian.
The following begins on March 10th, 2019...
|Sunday Evening Worship Service||Berean Core Group||Jason Shuler||G-216|
|First-Step Class||Timothy Core Group||Pastor Rob Decker||G-210|
|Theology||Berean Core Group||Jack Clagett||G-211|
|Becoming MomStrong *fee||Berean Core Group||Catherine Nifong||G-202|
|Continuing Sign Language||Berean Core Group||Michelle Hailey & Sabrina Smith||G-203|
Spring Class Descriptions
- Sunday Evening Worship Service – This service will include topical studies led by Jason Shuler and will be meeting in a new location, room G-216.
- First-Step Class – This class for new converts and prospective new members is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose. To sign up for this class please call the church office at (336) 996-7573.
- Theology – This course in Theology is a study of what God is like based on what He tells us about Himself in His Word, the Bible. It will be taught using a mixture of lecture, open discussion and question and answer times. What is God really like? What does He tell us about His nature and attributes? Let’s learn together.
- Becoming MomStrong – There are so many voices bombarding today's moms from social media, other people, and culture; it’s easy to get overwhelmed and feel defeated. But we can’t give up. We can't grow weary. The book, Becoming MomStrong, uses biblical wisdom to remind us that our strength and our help comes from the Lord. We are equipped, through His Word, to hear His voice and walk in His truth no matter what is going on around us. And we can teach those same truths to our kids. This study is to encourage and inspire moms to be strong in the Lord and to do the hard work of swimming upstream in today's crazy mixed up world. The book can be purchased online or in class for $11. If paying by check make payable to: Triad Baptist Church.
- Continuing Sign Language – This class is for anyone with a basic knowledge of general signs & finger-spelling, who would like to broaden their knowledge and ability in sign language. We will learn conversational sign as well as worship through signed songs. Please purchase a copy of the book: Talking with Your Hands Listening with Your Eyes, by Gabriel Grayson. Used copies can be found on-line through,thriftbooks.com or Amazon.
(class time is 5:30-6:30 PM unless otherwise stated):
The Timothy Core Group - The First Step - This new converts and new members class is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose.
The Paul Core Group - The Second Step - Basic Bible Doctrine - A believer is trained in the basics of Bible doctrine and Baptist distinctives and/or the principles of Biblical interpretation.
The Stephen Core Group - The Third Step - A believer identifies and develops his spiritual gifts. His passion is assimilated into a ministry.
The Andrew Core Group - The Fourth Step - Evangelism - A believer is framed in reproducing his faith to the outside lost world. This is accomplished by a teaching, modeling dynamic.
The Joshua Core Group - The Fifth Step: Leadership - A believer is trained in the characteristics of biblical leadership with the goal of stepping into a leadership position.
The Abraham Core Group - The Sixth Step: Prayer - A believer is instructed on the centrality of prayer.
The Barnabas Core Group - The Seventh Step: Stewardship – A believers’ financial accountability to God is discussed in the light of biblical guidelines for stewardship.
The Berean Core Group - The Infinity Step: Miscellaneous elective classes are offered over a period of time to further develop the individual interests of believers like theology, encouragement, ministry, etc.
For a downloadable PDF click here.