This spring our Sunday Night Adult Classes will feature five areas of study. Our classes will be nine weeks in length and they will continue through May 31, 2020. Our core classes will be offered during three sessions per year. Electives will be formed on the basis of creativity, interest, and speaker availability. Our core classes consist of personal growth in discipleship in order to prepare one for leadership positions at Triad Baptist and to develop the member into a mature Christian.
The following takes place from March 8 – May 31, 2020.
|Sunday Evening Worship Service||Berean Core Group||Jason Shuler||G-216|
|First-Step Class||Timothy Core Group||Pastor Rob Decker||G-210|
|Prophecy: "God's Hourglass"||Berean Core Group||Jack Clagett||G-211|
|His Word in My Heart: Memorizing Scripture for a Closer Walk with God||Berean Core Group||Trent & April Vernon||G-203|
|American Sign Language 1 (4:30–5:30 PM)||Berean Core Group||Tan Lynn, Michelle Hailey, Sabrina Smith||G-202|
|American Sign Language 2 (5:30–6:30 PM)||Berean Core Group||Tan Lynn, Michelle Hailey, Sabrina Smith||G-202|
Spring Class Descriptions (class time is 5:30-6:30 PM unless otherwise stated):
- Sunday Evening Worship Service – This service will include topical studies led by Jason Shuler.
- First-Step Class – This class for new converts and prospective new members is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose. To sign up for this class please call the church office at (336) 996-7573.
- Prophecy: "God's Hourglass" – Biblical prophecy takes us immediately into the world of coming events. Study with us about who, what, where, when, why, and how the future will unfold. All prophecy is a miracle! It is God at work in our world. It is exciting and it is certain. It is tomorrow's headline today!
- His Word in My Heart: Memorizing Scripture for a Closer Walk with God – What would it be like to really know God's Word, to have it so embedded in your heart and mind that you would carry it with you wherever you went? What would it mean to my relationship with God if I really knew His Word? Do you ever feel far away from God, like something is missing from your life? Are you desperate to have God and His Word as a constant source of nourishment for your weary soul? Our excuse is often, "If only I had more time to memorize Scripture." If you are not content to postpone a closer walk with God until you have more time, if you are hungry for God and need Him today for all the complexities of life, join us as we memorize whole chapters of Scripture, achieving a more accurate and complete picture of who God is, rather than randomly scattered verses with fragmented truth. We will walk through Janet Pope's book, which gives a practical plan for how to memorize whole books of the Bible and keep it forever. The goal is to discipline your mind to trade your thoughts for God's thoughts.
- American Sign Language 1 (4:30- 5:30 pm) - Everyone is invited to attend this class. No prior knowledge is necessary. It will focus on vocabulary, alphabet, and fingerspelling, as well as comprehension. Whether you are a beginner or want to continue developing your knowledge and ASL skills, this class is for you.
- American Sign Language 2 (5:30-6:30 pm) – This class is for those with established skills and broad vocabulary in ASL. The focus will be on progressing to advanced techniques that can be used in interpreting church services as well as other events, such as dramas, business meetings, medical meetings, etc. Songs from TBC’s Praise & Worship services will be incorporated.
The Timothy Core Group - The First Step - This new converts and new members class is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose.
The Paul Core Group - The Second Step - Basic Bible Doctrine - A believer is trained in the basics of Bible doctrine and Baptist distinctives and/or the principles of Biblical interpretation.
The Stephen Core Group - The Third Step - A believer identifies and develops his spiritual gifts. His passion is assimilated into a ministry.
The Andrew Core Group - The Fourth Step - Evangelism - A believer is framed in reproducing his faith to the outside lost world. This is accomplished by a teaching, modeling dynamic.
The Joshua Core Group - The Fifth Step: Leadership - A believer is trained in the characteristics of biblical leadership with the goal of stepping into a leadership position.
The Abraham Core Group - The Sixth Step: Prayer - A believer is instructed on the centrality of prayer.
The Barnabas Core Group - The Seventh Step: Stewardship – A believers’ financial accountability to God is discussed in the light of biblical guidelines for stewardship.
The Berean Core Group - The Infinity Step: Miscellaneous elective classes are offered over a period of time to further develop the individual interests of believers like theology, encouragement, ministry, etc.