This spring our Sunday Night Adult Classes will feature six areas of study. Our classes will be nine weeks in length and they will continue through May 16, 2021. Our core classes will be offered during three sessions per year. Electives will be formed on the basis of creativity, interest, and speaker availability. Our core classes consist of personal growth in discipleship in order to prepare one for leadership positions at Triad Baptist and to develop the member into a mature Christian.
The following takes place from March 7-May 16, 2021
|Sunday Evening Worship Service||Berean Core Group||Jason Shuler||G-216|
|First Steps Class||Timothy Core Group||Pastor Rob Decker||G-210|
|American Sign Language Combined||Berean Core Group||Tan & Billie Dawn Lynn||G-202|
|Gardening and Growing with God ***CLASS IS FULL***||Berean Core Group||Joe Joyner||G-203|
|Prophecy: "God's Hourglass" ***CLASS IS FULL***||Berean Core Group||Jack Clagett||G-211|
|The Search for Significance||Berean Core Group||Sandra Prater||G-214|
Spring Class Descriptions (class time is 5:30-6:30 PM unless otherwise stated):
- Sunday Evening Worship Service – This service will include topical studies led by Jason Shuler.
- First-Step Class – This class for new converts and prospective new members is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose. To sign up for this class please call the church office at (336) 996-7573.
- American Sign Language Combined – This class will focus on vocabulary, alphabet and fingerspelling, as well as comprehension and also speed fingerspelling each words; The focus will be on progressing to advanced techniques which can be used in interpreting church services as well as other events, such as general community.
- Gardening and Growing with God -Do you like to garden and play in the dirt? In this class, we want to focus on basic gardening skills, soil, plants, and flowers. In John 15:1 we read, “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.” God shares with us throughout the Bible great lessons related to farming and gardening, which we will explore. We will discuss growing vegetables, blueberry and blackberry plants, and other various types of plants. ***CLASS IS FULL***
- Prophecy: "God's Hourglass" - Biblical prophecy takes us immediately into the world of coming events. Study with us about who, what, where, when, why, and how the future will unfold. All prophecy is a miracle! It is God at work in our world. It is exciting and it is certain. It is tomorrow's headline today! ***CLASS IS FULL***
- The Search for Significance - From life's onset, we begin searching to satisfy an inner, unexplained longing. Often unrecognized, we attempt to fulfill this hunger with acceptance and praise from others. The need is self-worth (or self-esteem), it is God-given and can only be satisfied by Him. Understanding this need will open the door to understanding our actions and attitudes. The purpose of this class is to better understand, apply and experience God's truth in our search for self-worth. Concepts in the book, 'The Search for Significance' can be used to mentor others. The class is offered to those interested in mentoring, but also those interested personally are invited.
The Timothy Core Group - The First Step - This new converts and new members class is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose.
The Paul Core Group - The Second Step - Basic Bible Doctrine - A believer is trained in the basics of Bible doctrine and Baptist distinctives and/or the principles of Biblical interpretation.
The Stephen Core Group - The Third Step - A believer identifies and develops his spiritual gifts. His passion is assimilated into a ministry.
The Andrew Core Group - The Fourth Step - Evangelism - A believer is framed in reproducing his faith to the outside lost world. This is accomplished by a teaching, modeling dynamic.
The Joshua Core Group - The Fifth Step: Leadership - A believer is trained in the characteristics of biblical leadership with the goal of stepping into a leadership position.
The Abraham Core Group - The Sixth Step: Prayer - A believer is instructed on the centrality of prayer.
The Barnabas Core Group - The Seventh Step: Stewardship – A believers’ financial accountability to God is discussed in the light of biblical guidelines for stewardship.
The Berean Core Group - The Infinity Step: Miscellaneous elective classes are offered over a period of time to further develop the individual interests of believers like theology, encouragement, ministry, etc.