This fall our Sunday Night Adult Classes will feature six areas of study. Our classes will be nine weeks in length and they will continue through October 17, 2021. Our core classes will be offered during three sessions per year. Electives will be formed on the basis of creativity, interest, and speaker availability. Our core classes consist of personal growth in discipleship in order to prepare one for leadership positions at Triad Baptist and to develop the member into a mature Christian.
The following takes place from August 8 - October 17, 2021
|Sunday Evening Worship Service||Berean Core Group||Jason Shuler||G-216|
|First Step Class||Timothy Core Group||Pastor Rob Decker||G-210|
|American Sign Language 1
|Berean Core Group||Tan & Billie Dawn Lynn||G-202|
|Advanced Interpretive Training (A.I.T.) (5:30-6:30)||Berean Core Group||Tan & Billie Dawn Lynn||G-202|
|Revealing the Holy Spirit - God's Agent at Work in the World||Berean Core Group||Jack Clagett||G-211|
|The Trip to Bountiful (CLASS WILL BEGIN AUGUST 22)||Berean Core Group||Tim Wall||G-214|
Spring Class Descriptions (class time is 5:30-6:30 PM unless otherwise stated):
- Sunday Evening Worship Service – This service will include topical studies led by Jason Shuler.
- First-Step Class – This class for new converts and prospective new members is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose. To sign up for this class please call the church office at (336) 996-7573.
- American Sign Language 1 (ASL 1) (4:25-5:25pm) – Need to bring? Just yourself and your willingness to learn and to engage. Tan will teach basic signs for greetings, simple conversations and some tidbits about Deaf Culture. We will be using a sign language book: Talking with Your Hands, Listening with Your Eyes by Gabriel Grayson. *Voice Interpreting Training (V.I.T.): *** Only for the students taking A.I.T. classes: each student will accompany Tan as he teaches ASL 1 class each week; this student is to write down his/her thoughts and experiences after the class is finished. This is to help the student to record his/her journey as an interpreter and to aid him/her in succeeding his/her goals to be a better interpreter, signing and voicing. ***
- Advanced Interpretive Training(A.I.T.) (5:30-6:30pm) – Need to bring? YES! Your own earplugs and headphones (that covers fully on your ears), journal, thesaurus and yourselves! We will incorporate some videos for the interpreting training; will work on multiple-meaning words, idioms and vocabulary building; and develop the interpreting processes.
- Revealing the Holy Spirit - God's Agent at Work in the World – This class will discover what the Bible tells us about the work of the Holy Spirit in the world and in the lives of believers throughout the ages.
- The Trip to Bountiful (CLASS WILL BEGIN AUGUST 22)– We are all aging. Not a favorite topic for most folks past the age of 21. Scripture has a lot to say about how we mature in Christ. We will study Biblical examples of how God calls us at any age; the challenges of our ever changing circumstances and how families, dads, husbands, moms, wives, grandparents, sons and daughters can travel the journey together. Never alone. Themes that will be covered: Packing Your Bags, Asking for Directions, Where Am I - Are We There Yet?, Rules of the Road, That Wayside Picnic Table, Did We Make a Wrong Turn, Remember When, No Turning Back Now, and The Family Reunion. We will focus on practical help navigating aging personally, as a family, as a caregiver, as a church or just as a person who cares by providing resources, information, panel discussions, public and private assistance directories.
The Timothy Core Group - The First Step - This new converts and new members class is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose.
The Paul Core Group - The Second Step - Basic Bible Doctrine - A believer is trained in the basics of Bible doctrine and Baptist distinctives and/or the principles of Biblical interpretation.
The Stephen Core Group - The Third Step - A believer identifies and develops his spiritual gifts. His passion is assimilated into a ministry.
The Andrew Core Group - The Fourth Step - Evangelism - A believer is framed in reproducing his faith to the outside lost world. This is accomplished by a teaching, modeling dynamic.
The Joshua Core Group - The Fifth Step: Leadership - A believer is trained in the characteristics of biblical leadership with the goal of stepping into a leadership position.
The Abraham Core Group - The Sixth Step: Prayer - A believer is instructed on the centrality of prayer.
The Barnabas Core Group - The Seventh Step: Stewardship – A believers’ financial accountability to God is discussed in the light of biblical guidelines for stewardship.
The Berean Core Group - The Infinity Step: Miscellaneous elective classes are offered over a period of time to further develop the individual interests of believers like theology, encouragement, ministry, etc.