This winter our Sunday Night Adult Classes will feature six areas of study. Our classes will be nine weeks in length and they will continue through February 28, 2021. Our core classes will be offered during three sessions per year. Electives will be formed on the basis of creativity, interest, and speaker availability. Our core classes consist of personal growth in discipleship in order to prepare one for leadership positions at Triad Baptist and to develop the member into a mature Christian.
The following takes place from January 3 – February 28, 2021.
|Sunday Evening Worship Service||Berean Core Group||Jason Shuler||G-216|
|First Steps Class||Timothy Core Group||Pastor Rob Decker||G-210|
|American Sign Language Combined||Berean Core Group||Tan Lynn, Michelle Hailey, & Sabrina Smith||G-202|
|His Word in My Heart: Memorizing Scripture for a Closer Walk with God||Berean Core Group||Trent & April Vernon||G-203|
|Who Are You to Judge?||Berean Core Group||Robert Davis||G-211|
|Healing the Heartbreak of Grief||Berean Core Group||Paulette Dodson||E-307|
Winter Class Descriptions (class time is 5:30-6:30 PM unless otherwise stated):
- Sunday Evening Worship Service – This service will include topical studies led by Jason Shuler.
- First-Step Class – This class for new converts and prospective new members is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose. To sign up for this class please call the church office at (336) 996-7573.
- American Sign Language Combined – This class will focus on vocabulary, alphabet and fingerspelling, as well as comprehension and also speed fingerspelling each words ; The focus will be on progressing to advanced techniques which can be used in interpreting church services as well as other events, such as general community.
- His Word in My Heart: Memorizing Scripture for a Closer Walk with God -What would it be like to really know God’s Word, to have it so embedded in your heart and mind that you could carry it with you wherever you went? What would it mean to my relationship with God if I really knew His Word? Do you ever feel far away from God, like something is missing from your life? Are you desperate to have God and His Word as a constant source of nourishment for your weary soul? Our excuse is often, “If only I had more time to memorize scripture.” If you are not content to postpone a closer walk with God until you have more time, if you are hungry for God and need Him today for all the complexities of life, join us as we memorize whole chapters of scripture, achieving a more accurate and complete picture of who God is, rather than random scattered verses with fragmented truth. We will walk through Janet Pope’s book, which gives a practical plan for how to memorize whole books of the Bible and keep it forever. The goal is to discipline your mind to trade your thoughts for God’s thoughts.
- Who Are You to Judge? - We live in a world that tolerates everything but judgment. What we don’t realize is that right judgment is the key to right living. Who Are You To Judge? is Lutzer’s word to a culture that hates being told how to live and to a church called to purity. After explaining the difference between judging and being judgmental, Lutzer guides Christians in discerning various critical issues, including miracles, matters of doctrine, and godly engagement with entertainment and culture. With a passion for biblical truth and intolerance for lies, Lutzer is compelling and gut-honest. Who Are You to Judge? calls us to not only embrace the truth, but also to live according to it.
- Healing the Hearbreak of Grief - Based on the book: Healing the Heartbreak of Grief, by Peter Flamming. Free yourself from the threads of grief that grip your heart. In an irreversible moment, your life changes forever. Your life is upside down and your heart is inside out. Life goes on for others, but yours came to a screaming halt. With comfort and assurance, Dr. Flamming points ahead to tomorrows that will become a little easier than today. From years of pastoral experience and the heartbreak of losing his own son, the author knows that grief is anything but a tidy, predictable progression. Books can be purchased online.
The Timothy Core Group - The First Step - This new converts and new members class is designed to overview the heart of Christianity and Triad Baptist’s purpose.
The Paul Core Group - The Second Step - Basic Bible Doctrine - A believer is trained in the basics of Bible doctrine and Baptist distinctives and/or the principles of Biblical interpretation.
The Stephen Core Group - The Third Step - A believer identifies and develops his spiritual gifts. His passion is assimilated into a ministry.
The Andrew Core Group - The Fourth Step - Evangelism - A believer is framed in reproducing his faith to the outside lost world. This is accomplished by a teaching, modeling dynamic.
The Joshua Core Group - The Fifth Step: Leadership - A believer is trained in the characteristics of biblical leadership with the goal of stepping into a leadership position.
The Abraham Core Group - The Sixth Step: Prayer - A believer is instructed on the centrality of prayer.
The Barnabas Core Group - The Seventh Step: Stewardship – A believers’ financial accountability to God is discussed in the light of biblical guidelines for stewardship.
The Berean Core Group - The Infinity Step: Miscellaneous elective classes are offered over a period of time to further develop the individual interests of believers like theology, encouragement, ministry, etc.