Loving the Least of These
Triad Baptist Church’s Orphan Ministry
"Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers
you did it to me." Matthew 25:40
“Boys become kings, girls will be queens, wrapped in your majesty, when we love the least of these…” (Kings and Queens by Audio Adrenaline)
Loving the Least of These is a support ministry for foster and adoptive parents as well as those who are involved in orphan care. Miles of Hope was an orphan care ministry started at Triad Baptist in 2010 that focused on orphan care, primarily overseas. Several years later, we have seen the heart for orphan ministry evolve with more families in our church becoming involved with local foster care or local adoptions. This ministry was relaunched in the fall of 2016 with the desire to support the changing needs within our church body. This group is comprised of current and previous foster and adoptive parents who desire to support the abused, neglected, or abandoned children within our community and to support the families who care for them. We focus on aiding families who are fostering and/or adopting, supporting local foster/adopt agencies, raising awareness, and providing education to those interested in orphan care. We strive to not only meet the physical needs for these children and families but also spiritual needs, showing Christ’s love through caring for the orphans and foster children as He calls us to do.
What We Do:
Ways to serve foster/adoptive families… OR… ways to be served as a foster/adoptive family
• PRAYER for foster/adopted children and their families
• RESPOND by bringing families meals and/or supplies, assistance with childcare
• REACH OUT to create awareness about orphan care both locally and globally
• EDUCATE those involved or looking to get involved with classes and trainings
• SERVE through resources of specific items seasonally
• SUPPORT one another through mentorship program and support groups
“Loving the Least of These” Ministry Updates...
• A very heartfelt “thank you” to so many that have supported the clothing closet thoughtfully named “Lilly’s Blessings.” This extension of our ministry ran for 5 years on many of your prayers and financial support. In September, we closed the doors to the physical location and donated much of our inventory to a start-up clothing closet in Davie County. Many other items were sold with money returned back into the “Least of These” ministry to continue supporting foster families and children through meals, gift cards, purchased products, etc. Your financial support is still very much needed to provide on-demand items that can be immediately purchased and delivered to those families in need. Please know your financial donations are very important to us and distributed prayerfully with wisdom and guidance sought from our precious Lord.
• Our ministry is looking for folks interested in joining our team. Although several of our members have been directly involved in adoption and foster care, this is not a requirement. In fact, we would love to add members that simply want to be a part of our mission, being the hands and feet of Jesus and supporting “the least of these.” Please contact Melody Chandler at 336.392.4985 for more information.
Steering Team for Loving the Least of These
Ministry Lead: Jeff Chandler
Primary Operations: Melody Chandler, Heather Still
For more information on this program please email us at email@example.com or contact the church office, 336.996.7573.