• Committed to Christ for at least one year.
• Committed to integrity, character and spiritual growth.
- Hospitality, Support, Shepherding, and/or Facilitating – (strength in one of these).
- Social Skills – have a track record of relating and connecting with others.
PROVIDE A CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE HOME:
• Key Questions:
- Is my house clean and picked up by meeting time?
- Do I have enough comfortable chairs?
- Do I have enough lighting?
- Is my house free of dog or cat odors?
- Are my children interrupting the group?
PROVIDE A WARM AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT:
• As part of the leadership team, your job is to help your members feel loved, accepted, and welcome.
PROVIDE SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK FOR THE LEADER:
• One of the host’s jobs is to discuss and evaluate the group with the leader on a regular basis. This often can be done informally after everyone leaves.
• Another way to help the leader is to jump start the discussion when it lags.
HELP THE LEADER CARE FOR MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES:
• Track personal problems and needs of group members.
ORGANIZE THE WEEKLY REFRESHMENTS, SOCIALS, & COMMUNITY SERVICE -PROJECTS ATTEND ALL TRAINING MEETINGS:
- Essentials (New Leader and Host Training) – Saturday, August 27, 8:30am–12:30pm
- Mid-Quarter Trainings (all Growth Group Leaders and Hosts)--
October/November & ?February/March, exact dates TBD.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE HOST HOME FORM!